Producer Sam Levene returns to the summer camp of his boyhood and takes us on a fascinating exploration of contrasts. We actually visit two camps: the camp he attended and remembers, filled with middle- class Jewish kids, and the one that exists now on the same wooded site, attended by less privileged, inner-city kids from many different cultures. The faces have changed, the fun is the same. And we also meet the adults that Levene’s bunk-mates have become, and the one who became the love of his life. This documentary from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, goes deeper than any ordinary, nostalgic look at days gone by. This program airs as part of the international radio documentary exchange series Crossing Boundaries.
Summer Camp was produced by Sam Levene of the CBC. It airs as part of the international radio documentary exchange series Crossing Boundaries.
Nathan's Famous Hotdogs
The original web site of America's favorite summertime food.
CampPage Guide to Summer Camps
- a directory of children's camps in the Eastern U.S. and Canada.
Camp Creations Magazine
- online magazine designed for children, parents, campers, staff, directors, and anyone looking
for topics related to the world of camps.
- the alternative meeting site for seminars, reunions and picnics.
Family.com: Super Camp Guide
- find the best summer program for your kids
- comprehensive directory of adult camps and recreational experiences, featuring programs with
instruction in many varied sports and activities.
- guide to children's camps in Ontario, Quebec, and abroad. Also discusses schools.
Peterson's Summer Fun: Traditional and Speciality Camps
The Ultimate Summer Camp Guide
Devra Newberger Speregen Barry Cunningham (Editor)
Summer Fun: The Parents' Complete Guide to Day Camps, Overnight Camps, Specialty Camps, Teen Tours
Marian Edelman Borden