Soundprint Logo
Soundprint Logo

October 5, 2022
  Weekly Update Weekly RSS Feed Link
  Program Calendar
  Program Archives
  Producers Guidelines
  Carriage Information

  Order a CD

  Web Hosting
  Web Design
  Online Portfolio
  DAW Training


Follow us on facebook
From Green Lanes to the Green Line
Produced by: John Watkins
There are about 120,000 Cypriots in London, roughly 80% of Greek origin, the other 20% from Turkey. This mirrors the ratio in pre-1974 Cyprus. The Greek and Turkish factions mistrusted each other on the island of Cyprus, and now second and third generation immigrants continue to confront this mistrust. Ethnic identities are sharpening as nationalism stirs in their region of origin. BBC producer John Watkins follows two friends, second generation Cypriots, one Greek and one Turkish, to explore the tensions between their communities, and between Cypriots and the larger British culture.

Programs by John Watkins

Radio for between the ears
Copyright © 1995 - 2022 SOUNDPRINT Media Center, Inc. Contact us